Carshalton Boys Sports College are proud to present The Palace for Life Football Academy programme in partnership with Crystal Palace FC. The programme provides the opportunity for sixth form students to participate in a Football Academy development programme whist following a full time Level 3 academic programme of study.
Coaches from the Palace for Life Foundation will be resident at the college and will be responsible for delivering the football coaching syllabus, involving tactical, technical, psychological and physical attributes which will lead young people to gain valuable football experience.
The programme looks to challenge players’ football ability by competing at the highest level. The teams will compete in a number of leagues including the National Football under 19’s Youth League and the National Colleges League. The most talented players have opportunities to trial at local semi-professional and professional clubs as well as being supported through college scholarship applications.
Key benefits of the football academy programme include:
- Access to high quality coaching and daily access to a UEFA qualified coaching team
- Branded match and training kit
- First class coaching from a Premier League team
- Injury support from a physiotherapist
- Behind the scenes look at Crystal Palace Football Club
- Mentoring of students by football coaches
- Additional sports coaching qualifications alongside studies
- Opportunities for work experience and volunteering with Palace for Life
- Potential employment opportunities
The education programme offered at Carshalton Boys Sports College will enable players to study a full programme of A-Level or BTEC courses offered at the centre. Players are not restricted in their course selections however they must meet the individual entry requirements of each subject area. Potential players are actively encouraged to visit the school and discuss future career plans to ensure students receive the right information, advice and guidance for their potential career pathways.
Next trials take place on the 12th April 2018 - 4.00pm - 5.45pm