CBSC Governing Body
The Governing Body provides strategic leadership and holds the school to account for overall performance. The Governing Body employs the staff, owns the site and holds overall responsibility for the finance. They also appoint the Principal, Vice Principal and Deputy Principals.
The Governing Body of Carshalton Boys Sports College is made up as follows:
- Nine Community Governors appointed to address any skills/experience gaps identified
- Six Staff Governors elected by the school; three places are reserved for teaching staff, and three places are reserved for non-teaching staff
- Seven Parent Governors elected by parents
- The Principal is an ex-officio Governor
- Three Co-Opted Governors
The Board of Governors, the majority of whom are non-executive, comprises those persons appointed under the Articles of Association. The board meets at least three times a year and has six committees:
- Policy & Strategy Committee (monitoring of the policies and strategies which provide a framework for the schools’ work)
- Finance & Staffing Committee (ensuring that expenditure is as budgeted, questioning any variation, and receiving Auditors’ reports and accounts, taking action as needed, monitoring staff development, recruitment and all related personnel issues)
- Students Committee (looking at performance and progress of students)
- Curriculum Committee (curriculum offered to students, subject performance, teaching and learning)
- Premises Committee (monitoring expenditure on utilities, renovation and agreed projects; checking health and safety related issues; ensuring that the site is well maintained)
- Pay Committee (all decisions relating to salaries)
Each committee has Terms of Reference, a Programme of Work for the year, and a Chairman appointed by the Governing Body.